Below are the current listings for jobs and volunteer positions at LMC. Please contact the office for information on how to apply
- Staff Meetings: Attends weekly staff meeting as designated by the Senior Pastor.
- Communications: Checks and responds to voicemail, email and mail on scheduled work days. Maintains One Call Now system per policy. Updates website and social media as directed.
- Database and Records: Documents attendance, maintains the congregational database, membership records, baptism records and policy and procedure manual. Publishes the church directory when requested. Backs up electronic records as directed.
- Worship Service Documents: Creates, proofreads and prints the order of service, bulletins, inserts, welcome packets, various cards, visitor letters and other literature as needed.
- PowerPoint Presentations: Creates announcement slides and sermon slides.
- Calendars: Maintains the master wall calendar and online calendar. Prints monthly calendar for bulletin. Handles property use requests.
- Organization of Office: Maintains the organization of the church office and the church filing system. Orders supplies including offering envelopes. Maintains cleanliness of office including vacuuming and trash removal.
- MAT Support: Notifies MAT team of meetings and report deadlines and distributes reports.
- Annual Reports: Completes both local church and denomination annual reports.
- Financial Support: Creates credit card allocation document. Provides and updates tax exempt information when needed. Records weekly deposits and Accounts Payable in QuickBooks.
- Computer: Maintains organization of file and back up.
- Confidentiality: Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Other Duties: Performs other tasks as needed and directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel, Power Point)
- One Call Now
- Servant Keeper
- Develops an attitude toward role as a minister of church, not merely office help.
- Exhibits professionalism, demonstrated by conscientious work ethic, teaching ability and accountability.
- Protects integrity of others through strict confidentiality.
- Attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Resourceful with willingness to seek new information, training, and resources as needed.
- Self-starter, good at prioritizing projects and possesses the ability to work independently without supervision.
The Church Secretary must be an adherent in harmony with the doctrines and principles of the church as stated in the Christian and Missionary Alliance Statement of Faith and the membership requirements stated in the Uniform Constitution of Accredited Churches of the C&MA Article III, and meet the standards of the Life Conduct Statement in the Bylaws of Long Meadow Chapel Article III Section A-7. If he/she has not already done so, the candidate shall read the Membership Agreement in Article III Section A-5 of the Bylaws of Long Meadow Chapel and shall signify agreement with same by his or her signature. Failure to meet any of these requirements shall result in disqualification of the candidate for any office. The Church Secretary is recommended by the Search Committee and hired by the Ministry Administration Team.