"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
- Ephesians 2:10 New Living Translation (NLT)
Our youth ministry consists of students in 6th-12th grades. We love Middle and High School students! We believe that Jesus came to give everyone an abundant life. It is our desire to share the truth and wisdom found in the Bible. We strive to provide a safe space for all and to give every student the opportunity to thoughtfully consider who Jesus says He is in the Bible and what that means for their life.
There are four regular events and programs we offer thanks to a team of 15-20 student and adult volunteer leaders. Come check us out. We are blessed with a great dedicated youth space and with committed long term leaders.
Our current programs:
- Teen Action Group (T.A.G.)is geared towards reaching students who want to explore their faith and what the Bible says about who Jesus is. We meets weekly during most of the school year on Thursdays @ 6:55pm. The typical program consists of games, activities, and small group discussions. We have a themed party once a month with a live worship band.
- Parent’s Coffee House – Each week during TAG, we host a free coffee bar and informal time for parents to hang out, relax, and have some adult (or not so adult) conversation in a casual atmosphere. Stay and have a cup of java on us.
- 180 is our Sunday morning Youth Bible study class. We meet every Sunday @ 9:00 AM in Annex B to study the Bible and discover real-world applications. This class is a great way for students to strengthen and expand their faith. The lessons are interactive with activity and discussion. We currently pause in the summer.
- Dives is for students desiring to dive in to the Bible and leadership, particularly as a part of TAG. We meet Tuesdays during most of the school year @ 7:00pm in Annex B at the Church. We have games, weekly worship, and in depth small group study of topics designed to equip students following Jesus to lead in their schools, families, friendships, and at TAG. All are welcome.
- Out of Bounds meets once a month to serve the community, fellowship and have fun. These events are very low key and typically meet the third Saturday. Past events include BBQ’s, swimming, road rallies, hikes, bikes, canoeing, bowling, skating, raking leaves for the elderly, car wash fundraisers, and litter clean up.
- Teen Retreat is the first weekend in May every year at Lake Champion which we attend taking over 35 students some years. It is the highlight of the year!
- Mission trips and service projects. Most recently we have gone to World Impact in Newark, NJ. We are hoping to plan a week long trip 3-5 hours away or overseas in the coming years.
- College Tour. Helping students determine their future pursuits in life and God might use higher education in that is an important decision. This year we will begin visiting colleges as a youth group.
- Talent Show and Christmas Party
Long Meadow Chapel also supports the work of Tri-State Young Life and the OASIS Milford College Age Fellowship for young adults living, working or studying in the Milford area – find them on facebook.
Youth Events Calendar